Well, it’s been a while since I posted, but I will try harder now that we are on the other side of the world. Our first week in K has been a pretty crazy one, but we’ve seen the Lord’s hand on us through all the ups and downs.
The trip went really well. Laura was having some tummy pain, so getting ourselves through airports was interesting. She wanted to be carried the whole way and we had tons of carry-on and one very tired baby Carrie, but we made it just in time. Our layovers were very short, which made it crazy as well, but, praise the Lord, we didn’t miss any flights! The girls slept great on the first flight, with Mary in the floor, Laura stretched across 2 seats, and baby Carrie laying on me! We were a funny picture, I’m sure, but I was thankful they slept. They even slept quite a bit on the second flight. So, by the time we arrived, they were awake and ready to play, even though it was 2 a.m. local time!
We had some hang ups at the airport, but finally arrived at our guest house, ready for a rest. By the time we got to bed, it was 5 a.m., so we set an alarm for 8 a.m. and had a little nap! It was hard to get everyone up at 8, but we did it and somehow made it down to breakfast (meals are provided with our room rate). The first days went by in a blur of sleeping, resting, eating, and playing. Our first full night, everyone was awake by 4 a.m., so we turned on some movies and Pa and I tried to go back to sleep.
We had a harder time with jetlag this time than we’ve ever had before. We had lots of moments of crying out to the Lord to strengthen us and give us wisdom! And He answered. Last night, for the first time, everyone slept all night! Praise the Lord. So, we are thinking that we are done with jetlag and are so glad for it!
Our other major adventure has been the house hunt. We were not super picky, we were just looking for something simple with an enclosed yard for the girls to play in. But, in a city as big as N with no way to look online, it can be quite overwhelming! Pa spent 4 full days searching the city over for a place for us (we couldn’t go because of jetlag, sickness, and being out all day). I trust his opinion completely, and he would take our camera and bring me back videos of different places. An interesting thing we found out, though, is that at the end of the month in K, everyone moves out and therefore, places go quickly. So, Pa would go, find some places, come back to consult me, and by the time we called back that evening or the next morning, the places would be taken! It was very frustrating. Finally, yesterday, though, we were able to find and secure a place. Repairs will be made the next few days and we will be able to move in on Friday! We are so thankful that it is everything that we wanted, with plenty of outdoor space for the girls.
Finally, our family has been under quite a bit of attack since being here, not only with the difficult jetlag, but also with illness. Pa has had a stomach bug for 4 days now and has been very weak as he has been out house hunting. I have also been hit very hard the past 2 days and can’t really take much since I’m pregnant. Mary and Laura have also suffered quite a bit as well, only baby Carrie hasn’t had problems! So, if you think of it, please remember us. We are all very weak and tired, but thankful for what the Lord is doing in us during this time.
Thanks for all your love and prayers!
Ma for the rest of us